Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thank you all

Ok.  The long final wait is over.  And the total amount raised as of this post is RM4401!  RM400 more than the target I set.  We hit RM4091 on the 12th of May which is exactly 1 month when I started raising funds for this cause.  Never the less, I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who have supported me in this cause.

Here I would like to mention a few people who have actually help made this possible.

My eldest brother, who managed to raise RM1470 from his group of friends.  And also kept checking me on how much I have raised all the time, and if I was still far away he kept on pestering his friends to donate.  Guess that’s what family are for.  Thank you so much for helping me for this cause.

Tay Chung Ang also raised RM350 from Inti College Kuching, and my friend Lionel Chen raised RM100 on my behalf.  Thank you so much for the both of you for helping me reached my intended target.

Mclaren’s Restaurant & Pub for posting out the shout out on their Facebook page, to help raise awareness for this Go Bald campaign.

To all my donors from KL, Kuching, Miri, Perth, Brunei, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, Labuan, Melacca, & Penang.  Thank you for helping me to raise funds for this cause.  Check out my sponsors page here.

Lastly, the most important person whom kept me going on during this fund raising campaign is my wife Deluxe.  Who kept me going on to the point where I almost gave up, and told me why I need to reach the intended target.   Who also supported me from the beginning till the point of allowing me to get my head shaved.  If it wasn’t for her most likely I will not be bald, as 2-3 days before I had 2nd thoughts in going bald.  And also helping me to convince Esther to allow Daddy to go bald.

This is the 3rd day after going bald.  I finally realized it’s not so much on how I look at myself, but rather how others would look at me.  Of course those who knew me were pretty shocked at first as I did not tell them that I was going bald.  They heard about the Go Bald campaign, and I told them as well to do an annual check up if they have a family history of cancer.  As they say, early detection saves lives.

Never the less, I’m beginning to like this new hair style considering the fact it does really save me a lot of time from looking in front of the mirror.  Never the less, we shall see how it goes. Again I would like to take this opportunity for giving me a chance to make a difference by going bald!  You all have a nice day now!


No comments:

Post a Comment