Monday, January 06, 2014

Ichoose.my Review

So I went and purchased a domain name thisahpek.my from Ichoose.my before the 31st December 2013, and apparently I got their promotion for RM50 for 2 years which I thought was a steal.  As the normal price would be RM120/year.  They also provide domain mapping service for free.  What actually happen is that they just mask your whatever domain name you have, to the one you registered.  For my case is thisahpek.my, will pretty bring you thisahpek.blogspot.com.  So if you don't really need anything apart from forwarding your domain to your long blog url, you can use this service for free.  Apparently they can map anything from anything.blogspot.com, anything.wordpress.com or a .com domain.

Anyway, if you don't want your account to be mapped using their services, you need to change your mynic technical contact to your own first in order for you to change nameserver.  I've managed to change it already, now currently just wait for it to regenerate the dns first before I can actually map my domain name to the new blog.  Never the less, will wait and see how it goes within the next few hours.  Hopefully by then, I will be able to use the domain name later.  Will keep you guys posted on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment