Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fuji Xerox Docuprint M205B & Network Access Storage

OK, just gotten myself these two devices. One is the Fuji Xerox Docuprint M205B Laser Printer and the Dlink Network Access Storage. Pretty much satisfied with both the printer and NAS. Considering that I seldom print colors, plus the previous ink jet printers has been giving me headaches where if one of the ink runs out I am not able to print anything. And unfortunately for me, my Brother Printer has finally given up on me again as I suspect there is something wrong with the print head. So now I ended up getting the Fuji instead. At least it comes with a 1 to 1 exchange warranty for the next 3 years! Yes, that's how great it is.

Plus I'm still figuring out on how this NAS actually work. Currently I am able to print from my laptop via wifi, but not on Deluxe laptop. But for the past few days with it, I finally find how great this device really is. Considering the fact that I am able to backup my system and finally share files between my laptop, and Ipad. So basically it has indirectly my network is now sort of have a mini cloud at my home. So at least I could now transfer all my photos on the Ipad to the server. Which is pretty neat. But unfortunately I am still also not able to print from the Ipad. Oh well, guess I'll try to work it out some time later.

I just completed backing up my data, which took about 1 and a half hour over network for 27GB worth of data. And while I'm typing this blog I'm waiting for my laptop to create the recovery disc for me. Still another 2 more disc to go. Never the less it's all good, as I'm going to finally reformat my laptop after having it for 1 and a half years. As this time I may take about 50gb to install Ubuntu on this laptop. Since the warranty period is over, then I guess it's time for me to finally make full use of it.

Windows 8 is sure fun to have, but I still think I need Ubuntu to get a few things running. Hopefully will start formatting by tonight if not by tomorrow morning. May still need to download Ubuntu after I format this laptop. Never the less, it's all good. Since most of my data has finally been back up, and a lot of things that I used to download had to delete them as I doubt that I will be using them anymore.

Oh well, I think I shall stop here now while waiting for the system to complete creating my recovery disc. Kinda sucks whereby I can only create it once. If not I would have waited to get a Pen Drive instead. Oh well. life goes on.

  Oh yeah, got a call from Digi stated that my contract is going to up by next month.  Never the less they gave me an option to continue to stay with them for another year for RM55/month which includes of all the 200 mins, 200 sms, 20 mms and 1GB Internet data.  Which I think it's fine by me.  So it's all good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment