Sunday, November 04, 2012

Kenyalang Park

  This place has been my home away from home when I first came to Kuching. The people there always seem nice, and of course the food is great there. I went back there again today, as I tried to look for the old lady who makes excellent rojak. But alas she wasn't there yet. Next to her stall at Kenyalang Food court, the one behind and slighty lower part of Kenyalang has great variety of fried food.  Not only that, at Kenyalang Park you can have probably one of the best Fried Kueh Tiao with clams, and also char kueh.

  Food wasn't the only thing you can have there. For all Kuching people know what is Kenyalang Park is famous for.  Over there you can find a humble yet simple electrical shop that I brought to repair my monitor as well as TV.  And also I remembered visiting the good old doctor when I was not feeling well. Plus there is also a cobler there who can help fix up your shoes, and once I forgotten to get back a bag. Unfortunately he sold it, and that was the last time I saw it.

  Kenyalang Park have also a mini post office where all bills are easily paid for. And sending things is easier then for me.  There's also a wet market there, and you can have good breakfast at the top floor.  And sometimes when I got hungry st night, there is a burger stall where I normally go for a late night snack.

Now the Spring is there at Kenyalang Park. Which pretty much brought a lot of life to the community there. But people still go there for many reason.  And I for one, went back to the community once took care of me but no longer remembered me.  All I can do is smile, and thank them for all the things they have done for me. Especially the old lady who always gave me extra rojak, and the aunty next door who cook a RM4 portion but only charge me at RM2.50 back then.  Thank you Kenyalang Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment