Sunday, May 13, 2012

Short Trip To KL

[caption id="attachment_2370" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Waiting at the terminal for my flight"][/caption]
  Here I am again just blogging away while waiting for my plane to arrive to head back to Kuching.  I was here since last Thursday night for a short trip.  Anyway, on Thursday night while I was blogging my previous post (which I seriously was grateful that I have this tab), the whole departure hall power apparently got cut off or either that the maintenance guy accidentally switch off the wrong switch. It was out prolly for about 5 minutes before everything was returned to order.  Probably that's why my flight got delayed as the whole airport went completely dark.  Fortunately nothing bad happened.

  Earlier that day, I thought checking in early via the web checking feature.  Unfortunately for me, my printer was not functioning.  Not too sure what happen, could be something wrong with the print head. So I decided to use the sms barcode feature instead. After waiting for 2 hours, apparently the sms never arrived to my phone.  So I tried sending it to a different number this time.  Again, nothing came at all. So I went and use their live chat system.  Waited about an hour, before someone finally attend to me. For the record, after waiting for so long they didn't resolve the issue at all and I was told that it could be printed at the airport later.  Still not very convince with the person who chatted with me, I went and fax my boarding ticket and got it photocopied which I'm glad I did.

  Upon arriving at the airport early, I went and try to reprint my boarding pass.  But due to the fact I couldn't get it printed out I was stuck with the poorly visible boarding pass.  So I headed over to the check in counter to hopefully get it verified, the person at the counter asked me to hold on while he check my IC and ticket.  Then he walked off to the printer and took another piece of paper. This person eventually went and reprinted my ticket for me at no extra cost. He said that my ticket was a bit blur, so he printed it out for me at NO EXTRA COST.  Now that's service, and I thanked the fellow and headed straight to the departure hall.

  The flight, to KL was sort of an unpleasant one as I was down with the flu so I was seriously having a bad headache. As I tried to sleep, I was unnecessary awoken by the constant movement from the person who was sitting behind me.  Anyway, since it was an hour and forty five minute flight I went and pass time with the rubix cube that I bought a few days ago.  I arrived KL around 11.50pm about 30 mins late than scheduled which I thought it was all right as I had to wait for another hour before my elder brother arrives. It wasn't long before they arrived as their flight left Miri earlier than scheduled.  My eldest brother had already arranged his regular taxi driver to pick us up and sent us to his place.  One funny thing about taxi drivers in KL that I notice is that they tend to talk a lot about their lives as taxi drivers.  But one thing in common that I always hear from them is that as long as they are hardworking, they should make enough to not only pay for their rents but also for their own use.



[caption id="attachment_2371" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Lunch @ TGIF"][/caption]
  I had a good 4 hour of sleep, before my biological clock decided to wake me up at 6 am.  Trying to go back to sleep was a useless effort as I just couldn't sleep even though I feel as if I had a freaking hang over.  Never the less, the day started slow and I went for breakfast with mom.  Upon arriving back home, Alyssa was up and was busy entertaining my elder brother and his wife.  The minute she laid eyes from me, she ran behind my brother. Apparently, I somehow managed to freak her out or something.  After breakfast we went out and gotten our things done, and dropback mom home before heading out with my elder brother to go jalan-jalan.  Seriously, all you need is a gps and you can pretty much get anywhere you want.  We went to curve for a late lunch at T.G.I. Friday, and managed to walk around a bit before heading back to rest.  The reason behind it was that we were going to see Russell Peters!  My eldest brother had tickets and was not able to attend due to work, so we were fortunate to go on his behalf.



[caption id="attachment_2372" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Russell Peters Live in Shah Alam"][/caption]
  We attended his show, and boy was it amusing.  If you watched his youtube clippings, it's a 100 times better live.  Apparently "Fizzy & Family" was the star of the show, and also the guy with a tweety bird tattoo.  Seriously he was brilliant.  The show was about an hour and a half long, while 30 mins earlier we were entertained by Joey Medina, and 45 mins before that SpinBad was doing his thing. Anyway, seriously it was of course a good experience for me and probably that's why no video or audio recording was allowed. You could see numerous security holding flash light eager to eject you from the show.  Picture above was taken upon arrival before the show began, just for the record.

  This morning we went for breakfast at a nearby place.  So before heading back to get ready to pack my bags to go home.  I asked my brother to drop me off at 1 Utama, as I told them I would take the bus to LCCT.  So when I arrived, I only found out that my flight leaves at 6.05pm which is an hour later than the original time.  If I knew it would have been delayed, I could have use the following bus and did some shopping.  Seriously I didn't really had the time to shop as time was limited for me.  Anyway, here I am once again at the departure hall, waiting for time to go by so hence I have the time to blog. Most likely I will get this published by next week, as I'm still editing some photo.  I guess that's all for now. Will update you guys soon.



[caption id="attachment_2374" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="On the way to LCCT"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment