Monday, March 04, 2013

Back to writing

  Ok.  After so many weeks of being absent, I must really make it a point to start writing again.  Some may say must post quality post instead of quantity.  One main reason why the delay, as for the past few weeks been really "lazy" in a sense whereby I don't really manage my time properly.  Hence ended up doing something else, instead of something that I wanted to do.  Never the less here is something I am going to post today.

Uncle Buttons whom I've not seen over 14 years
  Last Saturday, Esther has finally managed to meet the person responsible for teaching me all about ballooning.  Apparently after meeting him again, well you could say that twisting balloons  hobby has came back and apparently Deluxe has managed to get hold of the type of balloons he was using.  Never the less, after years of not practicing, I was still a bit rusty and twisting was still a little bit messy.  But it was all good, as Esther really enjoyed watching how Uncle Buttons twist balloons.

  I remembered selling these balloons right after I knew how to get them done, and during the weekends where I would go to public places and just twist these balloons and gave them away freely.  As that time I was still working part time in my family business, and people would just buy them from me, well basically they were supposedly to fund my weekend projects.  One time while I was having lunch with a few friends in Pizza hut, and a kid who so by happened to be sitting in front of our table was feeling well "active".  Back then, I brought these balloons and my handy small pump with me wherever I would go.  Anyway, I remembered pulling up one balloon and twisted a dog for him and gave it to him to pretty much "settle down".

  The next thing I knew, children were starting to surround our table, and I pumping away the balloons while my friends helped distribute them.  And children were getting excited, plus the joy on their faces were priceless.  It went on for quite a while, before the waitress went and cleared our table and placed another pizza for us, as a complimentary lunch as indirectly thanking us for doing it.  Never the less it was a good experience, and eventually I stopped doing that after I couldn't get better quality balloons again.  As I tried the cheaper ones, they couldn't last long and hence I decided not to sell them anymore because of the poorer quality.

  Anyway, maybe one of these days when I have the time will probably go do these "kangtao" again.  As basically Uncle Buttons was actually the person who also sometimes during weekends will give out free balloons.  But for now, probably I will start practicing again my skills before heading out and probably the person whom will enjoy most is Esther.  Ah well all is good.

Esther with her Poodle & 8 Petal Flower



No comments:

Post a Comment